Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dad's Big Day!

Today is a really big deal for my dad and for our entire family. After moving to the US from the Netherlands years ago, today he will become a United States citizen! My parents left very early this morning for Detroit to ensure that they had no trouble making it there on time. Anyone that knows my dad, knows that he has been the most patroitic non-citizen there is--always keeping up with current events, flying an American flag in our front yard and serving bravely in the Vietnam war. I am sure that today means more to him than I even realize! So, congratualtions on this day, Dad! During the next election, you'll be able to cast your vote :)

5 comments:

Anna said...

Awww give Dad a big hug of congrats for me! I know this much mean a lot to him!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for your entire family !!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for your entire family ! Congratulations ! Wish them the very best !

Uncle Rick !!!

C, L, and E said...

Yay! Congrats, Mr. Maas!

The Hines Family said...

That's so exciting!! Congratulations, Dad! :-)