Saturday, May 29, 2010

Handyman Husband

Justin is amazing. I have loved being his wife for almost 20 months :) I enjoy learning about him each day. What I have learned recently is that he really enjoys learning how to take care of things around our house. He is not at all afraid to try something new--I admire that. So, I guess I married an incredibly handsome, intelligent, sweet, romantic, environmentally friendly, compassionate and handy guy! I praise God for him, I really do! Below are some of his latest projects!
The rain barrel that he learned how to make from the Handyman Magazine Grandpa got him :) this way we don't use city water for lawn and garden purposes
His usual work-around-the-house gear

We planted tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, carrots and cucumbers
Our tiny garden. Justin built the frame and put up the chicken wire to keep the critters out
Look what we found under our deck! Justin had to get the water drained with the neighbor's wet vac (this is actually what he would like for his birthday!)
We are enjoying our long weekend together--we hope you are, too!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would love to know more about the rain barrel! Got a link or something to directions?

The Hines Family said...

Okay, the rain barrel is awesome!! I want one!

Is that a muscle shirt Justin is wearing? Just curious.